Client Reviewed D.C. Tax Attorney
With over ten years combined experience in the legal and accounting industries, Kent Rackett is an invaluable asset to those seeking legal and financial services for their personal life or business. This D.C. Tax Attorney is a one-stop shop for self employed professionals and small business, as he can offer legal AND tax advice.
He is a licensed Lawyer of New York and Washington, D.C. earning his Juris Doctor from New York Law School. He also holds a bachelor’s degree of Accounting, and is a member of the National Society of Tax Professionals.
Kent goes above and beyond for his clients, utilizing both his legal and financial knowledge and experience for their benefit. Kent consistently earns top accolades in the area of Client Satisfaction. In addition, he holds the highest possible rating from the Better Business Bureau. Where else can you find a D.C. Tax Attorney and an Accountant that will take a personal stake in your matters with the utmost level of confidentiality and care.
Kent facilitates an easy working relationship. He offers a free telephone consultation, and if he thinks his services may benefit you, he will schedule a further meeting at a convenient place. When appropriate, he may offer to travel to your offices. Kent charges hourly for his expertise, and will ask for a retainer sum up front, paid by personal or business check.
Located Overseas or Out of State? No problem! Many tax problem matters can be settled virtually via Power of Attorney. So no matter where you are located, Kent can come to your rescue! In addition, he recommends clients order their tax account transcripts online before our meeting.
I work with Clients:
(1) Anticipating Serious Tax Problems requiring a Savvy Advocate;
(2) that are Self-Employed & Small Business owners seeking Financial Clarity;
(3) Facing Sensitive Tax Situations requiring Immediate Attention;
(4) who are Foreigners & Overseas Taxpayers with Concerns.
Alleviate worry and stress, Response to Inquiry, Easy to work with, Transparency, I am both a Lawyer and Accountant.
Supporting our Armed Forces: – Click Here
Active-duty service members experiencing civil legal issues may be eligible for legal assistance at no cost. I accept select matters on a pro bono basis via the ABA Military Pro Bono Project.
Examples of How I Help
- Filing Back Returns:
- Ray had been too busy to file tax returns and was surprised when the IRS sent him a notice saying he owed $16,453. This wake-up call prompted action and just by filing, which entitled him to itemize his deductions, he was able to claim refunds in excess of $10,233. Quite a Reversal!
- Release of Garnishment:
- The IRS was garnishing Greg’s wages because he owed $7, 340 in taxes, making it tough to get by. Greg was depressed and afraid he would lose his job. By applying for a hardship exemption, the IRS agreed to release the garnishment. One year later, Greg’s financial condition improved and he agreed to make voluntary payments to the IRS on his terms. What a difference a year makes!
- Tax Audit:
- Norma’s tax return was selected for Audit and she wasn’t sure whether to consent to the proposed assessment of $13,545 or fight. By recategorizing some of her deductions disallowed by the IRS on Schedule C to Schedule A, she was able to save $4,345 in taxes and avoid hefty penalties. She was glad she called!
- Tax Planning and Estates
- April lost her husband just before he was to receive a $100,000 consulting fee for his LLC. By reporting the income on the estate income tax return (Form 1041), we were able to save $13,300 in taxes and defer payment to the following year.
- CP 2000 Notice:
- Rita received an IRS notice in the mail because she failed to include an IRA distribution on her return, resulting in taxes and penalties of $7,234. By taking advantage of a provision in the law that exempts the early IRA distribution from tax, she was able to save $2,310. She was glad she emailed me!